Dear Comrades, As the struggle to save Nigerian University system is being pursued, I'll like to salute all our members for their
resoluteness in ensuring that the 2009 ASUU/Government Agreement is implemented in accordance with the Roadmap defined by
the 2012 MoU. We believe very strongly that the rot and decay in the University System is not only arrestable but
also reversible. We believe even more strongly that, the key to turning round the
University System lies in the sincere implementation of the Agreement.
What government has so far been doing is no more than a repeat performance of a one-act-play: all the deceptions, propaganda, lies, mischiefs and such other Shenanigans were tried by previous Governments, including Military Juntas, but our resolve to save the University System and our Country remained unwaivered. We will continue to carry the banner of this struggle to its logical conclusion. I urge all our members to maintain the spirit of camaraderie and remain firmly resolute in ensuring that our patriotic struggle succeeds. United we Bargain, Divided we Beg!
Bayero University, Kano
Immediate Past Pres.
University of Ibadan
University of Calabar
University of Benin
- Why ASUU Is Always On Strike - Adamu Adamu
- Between Notorius ASUU and Incompetent FG - Mahmud Zukogi
- Afejuku: FGN-ASUU's Pact and David Mark's Comments
- Reps Offer to Okay Funds for ASUU, Probes Nation's Finances
- ASUU Strike: Police Stop Lecturers' Protests in Benue, Kano, Sokoto
- FG Must End ASUU Strike Now - Femi Falana
- This is your University - An Investigative Report by Thisday Reporters
- Honour Agreement with ASUU - Group tells Federal Government
- NUC: Time to Regulate the Regulator - Tribune Editorial
- ASUU Strike: Students blame government - call for prompt resolution
- ASUU Strike: Okonjo Iweala Blackmailing Nigerians - NASS
- Vanguard Editorial on ASUU/Government Impasse
- ASUU Strike: Toe Path of Integrity, PFN Tells Jonathan
- Let This Be The Last ASUU Strike: Leadership Editorial
- Click here to download the Approved Excess Workload Formula
- Senate President, David Mark alleges that the representatives of Government that entered into Agreement with ASUU are ignorant. Who really is ignorant? Mr Mark or the government representatives? Read the complete list of Government representatives here, and decide for yourself
- Occasional News Bulletins on the ongoing dispute between ASUU and Government can be read from September Bulletin, October Bulletin
- ASUU President, Dr Nasir Fagge addressed a World Press Conference at University of Lagos, Akoka, over the ongoing dispute with government. Read the complete text of the press conference here
- ASUU uncovers scandalous illegalities and fraudulent practices at TETFund, NUC and the Ministry of Education. Read the advertorial by ASUU: TETFund: An Intervention Agency Bastardized?
- How sincere is Gov. Suswam's Committee on the implementation of the Needs Assessment Report? Read the letter that the Union sent to the Committee here. Suswam is yet to reply the letter.
- Archive of Strike Bulletins and NSCC Resolutions
- Why is ASUU on Strike? The genesis of current dispute between ASUU and government is rooted in persistent government insincerity and official deception at the highest level of government in respect of the belated implementation of 2009 ASUU/Government Agreement. Read the details here.
- Download and read the Memorandum of Understanding, MoU that led to the truce in January, 2012. Government is still playing the 'deception game'
- Executive Summary of the Report of the Needs Assessment of Nigeria's Public Universities
Publications & ResourcesASUU Constitution
History & Struggles of ASUU
The Port Harcourt Declaration
Leadership Training Manual
ASUU Journal of Humanities
Zones & BranchesAbuja Zone
Contact UsASUU National Secretariat
+234 0123456789, +234 9876543210